Recently, after thirty years of ricocheting between jobs, degrees and breakdowns,, mental health professionals have diagnosed me with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), to add to the Major Depressive Disorder I was formerly labelled with. This means I experience:
- Neurotic symptoms, including depression and anxiety.
- Psychotic symptoms, including hallucinations and paranoia.
- Personality dysfunction, including intense and unstable yo-yo emotions, a fragile self-identity, and a tendency to disassociate (become disconnected from reality or self).
- OCD, OCD, OCD, OCD, OCD, OCD, OCD, OCD, OCD, OCD.
- A rather warped sense of humour.
Through the Deadweight blog, and an autobiographical novel of the same name, I hope to increase understanding of BPD, OCD and mental illness in general.